In my last article titled, 6 time management skills you need to possess to be more productive, I promised to talk about some Android and iOS apps which can assist you in managing your time effectively. And yes, I’m back to do just as I had promised. Good news is, there are a lot of applications out there to assist you in managing your time. The application does all the necessary calculation and tracking and all you need to do is follow and adhere. Let’s look at 10 applications which you may find very useful in managing your time.
- RescueTime: RescueTime tracks time by recording and showing you how and where you spend your time online. The apps alert you get when you are spending too much time on a specific task. The app also provides you with in-depth reports on how you spend your day and help you find new ways you can organize your day and spend your time properly.
- Trello: Trello is a project management app that helps you sort through your tasks and collaborate with other people; it could be your colleague, teammates or staff. Trello shows you a list of all your projects pined to a digital bulletin board. Anything from tasks, ideas, goals etc. can be pinned to the list. It brings all your projects and team communication to one platform. You can easily customise Trello to suit your business and needs.
- Wonderlist: Wonderlist is a collaborative to-do list that helps you track, complete and share your goals at just a click of a button. The app helps you assign tasks, comments and set reminders for you and your team. Wonderlist is available on Andriod iOS and windows devices.
- Workflow: Workflow is an iOS app which automates stuffs you do all the time and turns those tasks into a simple button. The app helps you quickly complete complicated tasks. The app has a lot of beautiful tools which helps you do an otherwise, time consuming tasks, in a very short time. For example, you can use Workflow to make GIFs out of photos in your camera rolls, automatically make website into PDFs, and delete screenshots from your camera rolls and much more.
- Timely: Timely is a time tracking and timesheet app that keep count of how long a project or tasks takes and also organizes your workweek more effectively. Timely lays out your workweek in advance and allows you predict how much time you’ll need to complete a specific task. So as you track your time, you’ll be able to compare your predictions with how long it actually took you, and then, you can plan your schedule better in future.
- Workplace by Facebook: Workpalce by Facebok is an app that allow for a joint account of employee, team, colleagues, etc. working on a particular project. This means that everyone in the team can be connected to one account and hold group discussion, posts, update, offer suggestions; participate in voice and video calls etc. This app is good encouraging collaborative effort and getting a job done as fast as possible.
- Asana: Asana is a simple project management app. It breaks down tasks into either a list or a calendar and lets you know exactly when you have something due to be done and tackle it accordingly. Asana allows you to organize and sort your task by “complete,” incomplete,” and “tasks by due date.”