You might not understand what it means to have 7 streams of income, but after you have finish reading this, I hope you will understand.
7 streams of income simply mean that you should not put all your eggs in one basket. This means that you should have more than one source of income generation. There are many reasons you should have more than one source of income, here we will look at financial crises.
Family Financial Crises Factors
- Excess Spending (ostentation, following the Joneses)
- Poor Money Management
- Bad Business Decisions
- No Budget (non-adherence to budgets)
- Charity Myopia (unable to say ‘No’)
- Lack of Self Control (hot tempers, troublesomeness, police cases)
- Lack of Goodwill
- Poor personal development
- Unexpected Job loss
- Acute illness of Family member(s)
- Divorce from Breadwinner
- Death of Breadwinner
Impact of Family Financial Crisis
- Tense Atmosphere
- Lower Standard of Living
- Hard Financial Choices
- Loss of property
- Inability to pay debts
- Higher Domestic Violence
- Children’s education may suffer
- Inability to pay for health services (sickness and diseases increase)
- Teenage Children become wayward
- Some wives take to prostitution
The Seven Deadly Sins (or Vices) we know today were defined in the 6th century by Pope Gregory the Great, as a set of negative values (pride, envy, gluttony, lust anger, greed and sloth). The values that you are supposed to adopt therefore will actually be their opposites.
- Pride is an excessive belief in one’s own abilities and success.
- Envy is to negatively desire what others have, be it status, abilities, or possessions.
- Gluttony is the desire to eat or consume more than you require.
- Lust is a powerful craving for any, all or a combination of such as sex, power and money.
- Anger is the loss of rational self-control and the desire to harm others.
- Greed is the unbridled desire for material wealth or gain.
- Slothfulness is laziness and the avoidance of work.
Family Financial Crises Remedies
- Dual Income Family structure
- Multiple Income Streams Orientation
- Understanding God’s Will for your Finances
- Understanding Kingdom Financial Principles and Systems
- Financial Literacy
- Living to Your full potential
- Understanding and operating within the Dominion Mandate
- Hearing from God what your Purpose on earth is
- Developing Your Talents
- Developing and maintaining the Key Habits for Success
- Self-Leadership, Self Control
- Team Spirit and Leadership Skills
Ecclesiastes 11:1 says CAST YOUR bread upon the waters, for you will find it after many days; (Build your livelihood/ occupation around adding value and recoup after maturity period).
|1. CAST||Design, Structure, Arrange, Fix, Build, Prepare; your livelihoods|
|2. YOUR BREAD||Breadwinner’s income, Livelihoods, Family support, (your goods & services)|
|3. THE WATERS||People, Groups of people, sections of the population, nations, communities etc|
|4. FINDING IT||Return on Investments, Profits, Rewards, Revenue, (what you sow, you reap…)|
|5. AFTER MANY DAYS||Investment Maturity Period, Interest bearing period, Interval between performance and reward, Payback Period, Breakeven Period, Time Value of Money.|
- Be a breadwinner (design your livelihoods) by meeting the needs of peoples, nations, tribes and multitudes (groups, population segments)
BASIC TYPES OF INCOME
|THREE SUB-TYPES OF INCOME EXPLAINED|
|Earned Income||Portfolio Income||Passive/
|This you get via repeated work. Income stops when the work stops||Income flows from the use of financial instruments ( your money works and brings income )||Once-Off work gets you initial income and repeated income still with that initial work that had been completed. Income repeatedly flows in long after the work had stopped.|
|Salaries, Agent Commissions, Consultancy fees, Part-Time wages, Bonuses, Incentives, Appearance fees, Honorariums||Hedge Funds, Fixed Deposits, Bonds, Preference Shares, Capital Ventures, Insurance Instruments, Financial Market Instruments, Money Market Instruments, Treasury Bills, Investment Funds||Book sales, Royalties, Patent rights, Property rentals, Music Rights, Image rights, Pension|
ATIKU’S 32 INCOME STREAMS
Streams of Income
- Oil Services
- Ports Development
- Feeds Making
- TV/Radio Media
- Created over 50,000 jobs!!
- South Africa
In the world, most rich people have more than one source of income, for example Atiku has up to 32 sources of income. This is just part one of this article, anticipate part two. This article is called from Reuben Onwubiko’s 7 Streams of Income.